CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last Day of Summer

Technically, not. I mean, there are 23 days until the "official" end of summer and 42 days until the actual official end of summer, but our summer vacation is over since Patrick and I are back to the old grind tomorrow. Since it was gorgeous out today, we decided not to take it sitting down and we packed up the kiddies and took them to a nearby state park for a hike and a picnic.

This particular trails ends in a "breathtaking" waterfall--which, although we've had a decent amount of rain this summer, was missing a key element! The boys were disappointed, understandably, because you can actulay go behind the falls, which is where we are sitting here...except no falls. We'll go back next spring.


After the hike we went creekside for a picnic and the boys played in the stream. I did too. I warned them that the rocks can be very slippery and then I showed them exactly what I meant by faceplanting myself in the water. Just call me grace! I have a picture. It's not going up.

We had a great time, though. Good last day of summer! Tomorrow we start a new year..Kindergarten! Woohoo!