CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Belated Birthday Wishes

Well, I completely fail at life when it comes to blogging lately. What can I say, I've been *really* busy! Especially busy keeping Patrick happy as he turned SIX YEARS OLD last week. They sure do grow up fast...sigh...

Anyway, Patrick's birthday was a week-long affair, as usual. I don't know how my kids manage this every time, but we usually end up having multiple birthday celebrations...like, even more than normal people do. Luke was working on Wednesday, his actual birthday, so we went out to eat at Olive Garden Tuesday night at Patrick's request. And we can now cross the Olive Garden off the list of places I can eat. Wow. I'm sticking to whole foods right now so I ordered portabello ravioli, which the waitress assured me were made fresh in-house. Yeah. Riiiiiight. If they were freshly made, it was in the lowest-grade fat possible and with a pound or ten of salt added. My stomach was literally screaming at me after five pieces. Anyway, the next day--on his actual birthday--Ben and I took giant colorful frosted with sprinkles doughnuts to school to eat with his class...but not before Ben decided to pull the fire alarm and evacuate the whole school. Except no one could leave the building because there had been a massive hydrochloric acid spill in a nearby plant and officials were afraid that citizens would inhale the fumes and die. Which left everyone in a quandry...burn inside or asphixiate outside? Which would you do? But after all that drama (happy birthday Patrick!), we ate the doughnuts and then the boys went out to eat with Ma and Pa for another birthday celebration.

Then on Friday, Patrick had all of his birthday wishes fullfilled and went to spend the night with Uncle Adam in Chattanooga. Adam and Kendall spoiled him rotten, and he of course loved every minute of it. On Sunday we went up there for one last birthday party and spent the day playing around town...pictures below...



Apparently the thing to do in Chattanooga this time of year is slide down the levee by the river on cardboard boxes. Laugh if you want, but it was SO MUCH FUN. Who knew? Loved it. Anyway, Patrick had a great six or seven birthdays, and he looooved the kid-sized turnout gear that we got him, so that was good. And this post is now miles longs, so I'm done. Not even gonna spell-check. Bye!