CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The First Day

Today was Patrick's first day of school...heaven help us!

Hopefully, they'll be able to do something about his grammar. Look at this, for crying out loud! Who does he think he is, 50 Cent?

Okay, okay...in all honesty, today is one day that I can brag on my kid. He had a great first day and was a great student. On the plus side, he walked down the hall quietly with one hand on his hip and the other on his lip (this is called hip/lip for the uninformed readers), he sat nicely and ate his lunch without goofing off, and he laid down and closed his eyes during rest time. On the plus plus side, he did NOT come running out of the bathroom without his pants asking if he wiped well enough, as he is sometimes inclined to do at home. I really like "School Patrick". I hope he sticks around for a couple of hours after 3:15 each day.

How do I know all this, you might wonder? No, I am not actually his teacher, nor do I want to be. But I do work there and did manage to take a few spy breaks during the day. And I ate lunch with him. And yes, I think I am a lucky duck because I can do this. Today was my best day of work--ever.