CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

So this weekend was Luke's "office party", if you can call it that...which you can't. I had met all of the new recruits through various school and graduation activities, but I had never met the veteran firefighters that Luke works with. So this weekend was my chance. And if you think that I was going to take my camera for that, you're crazy. Anyway, it was an interesting experience. Enlightening, I should say. I never realized how different things could be just one county over. Let's just say if here were ever any doubts in my mind about my compatibility with Luke because he might just be a little too good ol' southern boy...well, I now have some perspective. Luke is downright preppy compared to these guys. And if you're thinking denim overalls and a piece of straw between the teeth, that's a little off the mark. Try imagining a different Luke and his cousins Bo and Daisy and their penchant for fast orange cars...and moonshine...and now you're starting to get a clearer picture. Yeah. Wow.

Then on Sunday we caught up with the kiddies again at Luke's parents house. They had been having a party of their own with some friends from school and Rebeckah (aka "the world's coolest girl" to both my boys) had spent the night as well. Other than sleeping, they basically swam non-stop:

Patrick grappling with his nemesis: The Chlorine Mushroom

Pa held the inner tube while the kids attempted to jump through. I have to point out that Patrick would not even put a toe in the water unless he was safe in my arms at the beginning of the summer, so as you can see...he's made great strides.

Rebeckah gets fancy mid-air...

...but ends up like this???

Ben was not partaking in the jumping game, but he is always happy to paddle around by himself and watch the fun. And if you blow bubbles in the water, he'll come up and kiss you. It's a great trick. We're going to teach him to roll over next.

Hope y'all had a great weekend too! Perhaps Patrick will do something outrageous at school and then you might hear from me again before Saturday. One can always hope...