CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Boo for Blogging.

To all you naysayers out there who are giving me a hard time about my recent lack of blogging, let me just say that we've had a really hard time with internet connections lately. As most of you know, we use dial-up because the phone company still considers us "country" and the cable company wants to charge an arm and a leg and we just won't have it. Our other two options are using Verizon's new high-speed, which which would also require giving up said arm and leg, or HughesNet, who say they can give you broadband no matter where you live by using satellite technology, but the last time I checked, the start-up fee was over $700. Um, no thanks.

So for now we're sticking with old dial-up, unless someone wants to cough up $65+ per month for various forms of high-speed, but it isn't going to be us. It's not been so bad in the past, but as I've said, lately the connections have been really slow. You try uploading even one picture at 26.5 kb per second and then we'll chat.

Also, I've been really busy at work learning my new software and it's taken a lot of time, but I've gotten one publication out and I'm close to the second one being finished, so it's been worth it. But whenever I sit down at the computer--even at home--I'm pretty much working on that...not the blog.

So when I finally work up the energy and stamina to sit down and create a post (which usually takes about a week...to get my stamina up, not to create a post...that only takes 4-5 days), then I get codes like this from Blogger:

bX-9pjt6o

...which translates literally to: I'm not blogging tonight. Too bad because we went to Chattanooga yesterday and I took lots of pics and who knows when I'll feel like sitting down to share again? Perhaps tomorrow.