CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

More Fall Fun for Everyone

We've been very active as of late...this is a busy time of year, it seems. Last weekend we went to Gigi and Grandpa's house for their church fall festival, which of course was loads of fun for the kids. I didn't take any pictures because as you can probably tell, blogging's not on my mind like that anymore, but here's a few of the next day at the fabulous park down the street:


And this weekend holds the various fall festivals at our church and school. Yesterday was the school's, and I spent all day Friday getting things ready for the bake sale and the cake walk. My boss Stephanie and I made sure everything was labeled and packaged nicely and ready to sell. Most everything that the parents brought in looked wonderful and delicious, but there are always some questionable items. One in particular this year was a cake that looked like it had been through the Battle of Bunker Hill on the way to school. The top layer had fallen off and cracked, the bottom layer was unrecognizable, and the orange frosting was all over the place. I told Stephanie we had to toss it, that no one would want to take that cake home, even as a prize for the cake walk. Can you imagine the letdown of opening your box and seeing a big orange mess piled inside? But no, Steph said...we were short on prize cakes and we needed all that we could get...it had to be included. I fixed it up the best I could, getting rid of the bottom layer completely and putting some Halloween decorations on top to mask the unappetizing ugliness of it all, but I repeatedly maintained (loudly) that someone was going to be very disappointed to take home that cake. And I was right. Someone was...and that someone was me.

So here's the disgusting cake that Patrick won. I could not believe the injustice. There were fifty other cakes on that table and the stupid volunteer had to pick up that one. I should have thrown the darn thing out when I had the chance on Friday...then I would have been the happy owner of a simple bundt or something. I will admit though, Patrick thinks it's the coolest cake ever. He loves it and he is going to eat the whole thing. Better him than me.

Other than that, the festival was fun. Today is the church picnic--also at the school--and if Ben wakes up from his nap in time, we'll go to that too. Ciao!