CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

How Wii Hibernate

Today's weather was pretty nice and the boys got to be outside and play Better Batter Baseball! but it gets dark a little after 6:00 and the temps started dropping even before that, so we were still driven inside early. Spring cannot come fast enough. The boys decided to play Luke's Wii to pass the time after dinner.

Luke took on a little tennis and then switched to boxing. He KO'd the opponent (who was quite a thug) in the first round. Not too shabby.

Now I pretty much hate the Wii (and every other gaming system for that matter). But I will play some tennis every once in a while, 'cause I've got mad skills in tennis. Tonight I took on a doubles team comprised of a look-alike of that dude Gordon from Sesame Street and one of those cavemen from the Geico commercials. Weird combo, I know...but I smeared them all over the court. My avatar is a sassy lil' thang with pigtails and some rockin' eye makeup. She's hot. And she averages two aces a game. My serve is killing my rotator cuff, though...I may actually have to ice it tomorrow.

Patrick is pretty good himself. He plays more than any of us, since whenever we get the Wii out, he demands a frequent turn in the rotation. Therefore his rankings are the highest at this point. I may have to make an effort to play more, just so I can secure my spot in family tennis domination.

Ben used to hook himself up to the remote and swing it around aimlessly, but I think he decided there wasn't much of a point, because he prefers to watch now. If Patrick puts on baseball, he'll play that...but for all other games, he's our #1 spectator. And he cheers for me when I win a point. Sweet kid.

So it was fun and all, but I look forward to warmer (longer) days when we can go outside and physically play all these sports (okay, maybe not boxing) instead of gaming them. In the meantime, Gordon and Caveman better be ready, cause I'm bringing my A-game.