CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Egg-cellent Fun

Geez, that was corny. Oh, who cares? We have been having a lot of fun this week. Monday Luke went to work so the boys and I took a much-needed day of rest after the hectic weekend. Then on Tuesday, we couldn't get our act together and think of something to do, but that was okay because it was still kind of chilly after Monday's frigid temps. So yesterday we finally got in gear and headed to the Georgia Aquarium to let the boys see all the fishies. It was a great time--unfortunately, I have no documentation of that. I remembered to bring my camera but forgot that I had taken out the picture card to get egg hunt pictures developed. Oops. Stupid me. But it's probably for the best. Usually when I am trying to get a great shot, I miss out on half the fun. Patrick loved it all, especially the whale sharks. Ben was a little overwhelmed and spent most of the time with his hands over his eyes. I'm glad we didn't have to pay for him.

After that long day, we spent today in town, starting with a bike ride this morning. After the boys napped, we finally got around to coloring our eggs for Easter. Better late than never, I say! These were the eggs that sat unrefrigerated for over a day after the tornadoes, so I was more than happy to boil them for the sake of arts and crafts. Waste not, and all that...

Cute picture, huh? I thought the eggs turned out great. I was too lazy to make more than four colors (yellow, red, blue and light blue), but my laziness turned out to be a great lesson in color theory. We double-dyed lots of them and learned that yellow and red make orange and yellow and blue make green and blue and red and then blue again make purple. The key is to start with the lighter color. Anyway, it was a fun way to spend an hour outside.

Tomorrow we're going to Cloudland Canyon for some more good clean outdoor fun and a picnic as well. I've got the picture card back in the camera, so I'll be sure to come back with snaphots this time. Ciao!