CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 20, 2006

Let's Go to the Movies

I took Patrick to his first movie in the theatre (did I spell that the British way?) yesterday. There are no pictures of this outing, but it was the movies, so what do you expect? We saw Curious George, which I thought would be tame enough for my EXTREMELY sensitive tyke. I was almost right. Here are his thoughts on going to the movies:

"I'm hungry." (at the very beginning, when the people next to us came in with popcorn)

"Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!" (the sound his pants made when, as I took him out for popcorn, he spotted the video arcade and took off)

"I'm all done." (climbing out my lap in an effort to leave, about halfway through, after something disturbing--to him, no one else--had happened onscreen)

"It's bigger than a dump truck!" (talking about the movie screen, maybe...I'm not quite sure???)

"I'm so sad." (during the "sad" part)

"I'm so scary." (during the "scary" part)

"Where's George?" (every time I pointed out George the monkey, he looked around for the only George he knows, who happens to be the bulk mail officer in our local post office...needless to say, he was not there, so Patrick remained thouroughly confused the whole time)

It was fun. We'll go back in a year.