CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekend Rundown

We had a busy weekend with a visit to Gigi and Grandpa's house--in retrospect, I'm not sure I know why we went???? I think this was originally supposed to be a pre-Thanksgiving visit for the whole family, but that got delayed because of the never-ending renovations in Gigi's kitchen. So we went this weekend instead, but we didn't eat turkey and we're doing Christmas together in two weeks, so I don't know where that leaves this visit. But we still had a great time, and it was very convenient for me to be in ATL this weekend, because as it turns out, the USA Swimming National Short Course Swimming Championshios were at GA Tech, and I was able to take Patrick on Friday night.

A few of the Olympic swimmers were there, including our favorite Ryan Lochte, so we were psyched to watch him win his two races. The woman we sat next to was watching her daughter race and she was super-sweet to my son, talking and explaining everything to him. At the end of the individual races, she snuck away and bought him a Lochte swim cap and told him that Ryan said he was really busy and couldn't come up and talk right then, but he sent a present. She handed him the swim cap and Patrick absolutely believes that Ryan personally gave him a new cap. He also thinks it was our awesome mojo that helped Ryan win the race. If you want to see the pictures we took, click here.

Saturday morning we went to the community parade. Very cute, but VERY cold!!! They said it was going to be a harsh winter, but I swear I cannot handle this. I think it's time to go visit Mandy.
Patrick is still attached to Brendan's hip, wishing with all his might that we might give him a little brother to play with (I won't even dignify the irony in that statement). At any rate, Brendan seems to like him too, so it's all good.
Other than that, it was a typical quiet weekend with the fam. We were supposed to play a lot of tennis, but it was just TOO COLD. Hopefuly next time.