CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quotable & Answers

Taking a cue from Mandy, here are 10 favorite lines from 10 of my favorite movies (in no particular order). Answers tomorrow below.

1. "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky."

2. "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

3. "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

4. "My dear, never confuse efficiency with a liver complaint."

5. "I'm nice men."

6. "No more conning! No more! If you're gonna be my wife, you're gonna live a respectable life, chopping cars!"

7. "Sorry. Could you come back later? We're trying to escape."

8. "And last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."

9. "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window."

10. "Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?...Morons."

So here are my answers...and as you can see, no deep movies for me, thanks. I am all about the entertainment value. I have lots of other favorite movies, none of which have won awards.

1. Sean Connery as Henry Jones, Sr. in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (listed as a favorite for all four Indiana Jones movies)

2. Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (listed for all three Pirates movies)

3. Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan in A League of Their Own

4. David Tomlinson as Mr. Banks in Mary Poppins

5. Harrison Ford as Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back (listed for all three original Star Wars movies)

6. Ray Liotta as Dean in Heartbreakers

7. Ellen DeGeneres as Dory in Finding Nemo

8. Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

9. Julie Andrews as Maria in The Sound of Music

10. Wallace Shawn as Vizzini in The Princess Bride