CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Mother's Day! Play Ball!

It's that wonderful day of the year again and Patrick celebrated by getting his hands on something far better than any old MOM, he landed a real authentic catcher's mask and mitt!!! I am not sure why Luke chose not to mention earlier that this was sitting out in his shed (I mean, it could've saved us a lot of embarrassment)...but for whatever reason, yesterday was the day he deemed appropriate to dig it out and make Patrick's young life even sweeter. Ma fixed the straps on the back and voila! Instant happy kid.

So as Patrick caressed and whispered sweet nothings to his new catcher's mask, my parents came up to spend Mother's Day with us. I can't even remember the last time my parents came up for a visit, so it was really good to have them over. My mom brought me some flowers to plant in my gardens and we took a long walk around the lake and then Luke hauled out the smoker and made his awesomely famous smoked pork tenderloin. It's like heaven on earth. Anyway, we were busy and I didn't think to snap pictures of all the fun (bad blogger that I've become), but I did remember to get one group shot before they left.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone--Mom, Luke's mom, Great-Grandma and my Grammy, Sandi, me and all my mommy friends. Hope you enjoyed your day as much as I did!