CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Team Brian

Today we went out to a nearby state park to hang out with Jenny and MK while Brian ran a marathon through the hills of NW Georgia. We've been having gorgeous weather and today was no different. Sunny and breezy, very springlike--a rare and all-too-brief season in our neck of the woods--it was perfect for being outside. So while Brian ran and ran and ran and RAN, we fed the ducks, played baseball, rented paddle boats, played on the playground, had a picnic lunch, and so on and so forth. Very fun times had by all...except maybe the runners. Ha! I kid, I kid...I know it is a major high to be able to run that far, and I am in awe of those that can do it.

We tried to explain it to Patrick ("Remember when you were watching Fireman Sam on TV this morning? THAT'S when Brian started running. And he's been running EVER SINCE.") But I'm still not sure he got it. He was however, very excited about seeing him finish, so he waited patiently at the finish line and clapped for everyone as they came down the home stretch. Even Ben got into the spirit of things...occasionally. For the most part, all three kids were really good and it was a fun day. I don't have any pictures of Brian running or after the race because for heaven's sake, he had been running since I got up this morning and I wasn't going to shove my camera in his face after that, but I am sure Jenny will have some on their blog soon enough.