CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthday Boy

So today is Ben's birthday and we have now completed three of four scheduled birthday parties. The first one you know about, so here's an update...

Last weekend my parents escaped the headache that is their kitchen remodel and came up to visit and have birthday party #2. It was a beautiful fall day and the kids had a great time playing with Gigi and Grandpa. There was baseball...

...and cake...(and I want veryone to notice how Luke is trying to lean out of the picture. Everyone look at Luke. That's what he gets for being such a baby about having his picture taken--now we all look at him. So there.)

...and presents! Ben's modeling a shirt that Gigi got him--among other things--and checking out a new front loader set. He also opened his presents from David, Sandi, Matthew and Brendan, and loved them! Thanks guys!

We kicked off his actual birthday with a trip to the doctor's office for a flu shot. Fun, I know. Happy birthday sweetie, now here, let's shove a needle in your thigh! But I made up for it by delivering cupcakes to his school to share with his class. Plus, he got to wear the birthday hat all day, so that was awesome.

Since Luke's at work, like he always is on a day of importance, I took the boys out to eat, Ben's choice. Of course he chose McDonalds, and I'm sure that decision wasn't heavily influenced whatsoever by Patrick. So we went and ate our orders of grease with a side of processed meat, but the boys had a blast, and for once the playland was occupied by nice, normal kids who I felt comfortable letting my kids run with. Ben wore his birthday hat the entire time. Happy Birthday Ben!
I other news, Patrick's strep throat is back, less than a week after we stopped the first round of antibiotics. So now the doctor says to forget the bubble gum-flavored stuff, we're now moving on to the heavy hitters. Unfortunately, it tastes like...you guessed it...a dead cat in the middle of the road (that was for you David). Patrick managed the first dose, immediately threw up the second dose, and choked down the third dose. We'll be doing this for ten days. And that stuff cost me $40.
One last thing--Mandy now lives in Mexico. Lives. In. Mexico. How in the world did that happen? I'm so happy for her, but I just can't wrap my head around the whole thing. Anyway Mandy, I know you're having a fantastic time and we're glad you've got this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!!