CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Nearing Exhaustion

The past week has been busy for sure. We started out with a sore throat on Monday which hadn't gone away by Tuesday...and lo and behold, Patrick's going to follow in his mommy's footsteps and get strep throat twice a season, I guess. I had to cancel Ben's birthday party on Wednesday and rescuedule for this week, but I think that was for the better since it was FREEZING on Wednesday! Patrick was feeling well enough to go back to school on Thursday, but still has spent most of his time at home sleeping. Knowing my son, that kind of concerns me, and I'm thinking we'll be spending tomorrow doing absolutely nothing to give him a chance to rest, especially after the past few days.


Thursday night we finally got around to carving our pumpkin...

The finished product...



Friday was Patrick's first-ever field trip to the pumpkin patch. This particular patch is supposed to be great, but now I am glad we never wasted a Saturday going there because I was unimpressed. I think the kids had fun but Patrick was really dragging. We went trick-or-treating in Stephanie's neighborhood. Ben was supposed to be a pirate, but he had a last-minute change of heart and wore Patrick's Spiderman costume from last year. I have no idea what made him change his mind, but I was glad because he was able to wear his pajamas under the Spidey suit and it was chilly last night!!!

Patrick went ahead with his plan to be Pikachu--also a good costume since it allowed layering. They both got sick of their masks pretty quickly, which I was glad for since it would lessen the chances that they trip and fall in someone's yard and spill their candy everywhere, which would of course result in meltdowns and so on and so forth. Mask-free was okay by me!


The gang hitting up one house with an especially photographic porch...


And today we went to the annual fall bazaar at school, which was fun and chaotic as always. Patrick won another cake and I must admit that this one is a step up from last year's (click here to revisit that monstrosity), but still not at all appealing if you ask me. I miss the old days, when the women of the ladies guild at church baked all the cakes--and they were experienced bakers and knew not to slather orange icing on everything. I hold onto the dream that one day we'll win a simple bundt.