CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Losing 10 Years of My Life

This morning at 7:15, I went upstairs to get Patrick up for school. I met him in the hallway and went to close his door so Ben could keep sleeping. I peeked and saw Ben was not in bed, checked under the covers, and then asked Patrick where Ben was. He didn't know. I looked in the other rooms upstairs--no Ben. Starting to panic, I came back downstairs and checked all the exits--thinking about stories of three-year-olds leaving the house in the middle of the night for ice cream--all latched. For lack of any other idea where to look next, I headed back to the bedroom and threw back the covers...and there he was:

Sound asleep, under the bed, with only the toes sticking out. And now I may as well be 41, because I did in fact lose ten years in two minutes.