CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fireworks Galore

We did go to a few fireworks shows, but I'm just now sitting down to post about them. I've got to admit, I am a busy girl now that Luke only works a few days a week. We've been spending some great quality family time together, making up for the past few years I guess!!! So anyway...about the fireworks...

On the actual Fourth, we went to the park to watch the show from there. They did a pretty great show I think, but we had to sit and wait a looooong time. Oh well--I snapped some cute pics while we were waiting. All the red, white and blue makes for a great shot!! As I've said, I *heart* the Fourth of July!

Then on Saturday, we went to the baseball game and they had a Salute to America, which meant fireworks after the game. Gigi and Grandpa came up to go with us, and Grandma and her friend Mrs. Milliman were there. It was a fun night, except that since it had rained earlier in the day, they halted play for an hour to put sand on the infield. It was just wrong to make us sit and wait; I say let the players slip and get dirty--more entertaining!!

Luckily, Grandma brought the M&Ms to keep my kids occupied. Gigi tried to keep them happy very VERY late into the eighth inning. The game didn't end until 11:15, so we had to make the choice to walk to the car during the ninth (we were up six runs, so I didn't think we'd miss anything) and watch the fireworks from there. Not as much fun, but totally necessary at almost midnight. We scooted out with no traffic, so it was a good plan.

The kids were exhausted the next day...no more late nights for us for a while!!!