CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm loving...

My new Picasa software...I could play with it all day!!!!

And I am TOTALLY loving fall...even though it has arrived a few days early, it is a welcome change from the sweltering summer heat. I love how the sky becomes blue again instead of hazy white and how all the "harvest" recipes suddenly sound so appealing. I love a warm day followed by a cool evening and a cold night. I love that there's an outdoor activity available to my family every weekend and that the park is virtually empty on weekdays (unlike spring, when you have to wait at least 20 min. to get a swing). I love hearing a high school band playing at halftime in the distance, although I have no interest in being there. I love putting on my favorite pair of jeans again, especially when I can still wear them with a short-sleeve shirt and flip-flops.

The thing is, I really love any change of season, because I am usually so sick of the last one that has really worn out its welcome. However, the past few years have been the first that I've really embraced fall. Before, when I was teaching, fall meant nothing but three straight months of working with little to no break until Thanksgiving. I was so wrapped up in that mindset that I forgot to notice all the wonderful things fall has to offer. But now that my job is my kiddies and there is no vacation to look forward to at all, I can embrace this season. And so I will. I will be a happy Becky, a cheerful Becky, an enthusiastic Becky, a Becky who decorates according to season...at least until January and February roll around. I hate those months.