CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Winnie the Snooze

Today I took Patrick to see the play "Winnie the Pooh" at the local theater and let's just say he was right in the demographic. However, I loved it because the theater was dark and quiet and the seats were super-comfy. Patrick wanted to leave at intermission, and I was almost game for that, but then I thought about forty-five more minutes of dark comfiness and persuaded him to stay with "But Piglet's going to fly in the air!!!" Which he did.

I didn't bring my camera, but it wasn't really worth a picture anyway. Besides, the real highlight of our day came before the play, when we went to the mall to kill some time. We walked in through JC Funny (that's JC Penney for those of you that don't speak the 3-year-old dialect) and Patrick's internal radar went off. Minutes later, he was the delighted owner of two new shirts--one covered in fire trucks and the other in construction vehicles.. The only downer was that they are long-sleeved and I wouldn't let him wear them today, which was unfortunate, because after the show he really wanted Tigger to see them. Alas, they were in the car and Tigger will be forever left wondering what the cute earnest kid was trying to say...