CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Stairmaster

Ben's new trick: crawling up the stairs at a very fast clip. Unfortunately, he has no clue whatsoever about how to get back down (other than falling--he's mastered that). Nor does he have any interest in learning how to go down. So this presents a dilemna. I can't put a gate at the bottom, the bannister is too narrow and the engineering just doesn't work. He's so fast and sneaky that sometimes he's at the top step before I catch him. So instead of bringing him back down, which will inevitably inspire him to go right back up as soon as I turn my back, I just lock him up there and let him play in his room. Eventually I have to go retrieve him, but by then he's gotten over the stairs for the next twenty minutes or so. Then the whole cycle starts again and well, this is my day in a nutshell.