CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Okay, so my mothering skills could use some work...

...case in point (three points actually):

Today at preschool, Patrick bit another kid (collective gasp)--point #1.

He also told the teacher he didn't do it--point #2--but confessed to me in the car.

We talked about it and I learned that while the kids were sitting in the hallway, he leaned over and bit Justin's leg--HARD. Justin had not bothered him in any way; I'm still not sure what possesed him to do it. I don't think he even knows why he did it. Anyway, he lost his dessert priviledge for the day and we talked about how he would have to go to school tomorrow and apologize to Justin and Mrs. Cindy for his offenses. I coached him on what he will say to Justin:

Me: Patrick, you will tell Justin that you are sorry you bit him and will he forgive you? Got that?

Patrick: Yes, Mommy.

So tonight as I was putting him to bed, I asked him one more time:

Me: What are you going to tell Justin tomorrow?

Patrick: Sorry I bitched you!

And there's point #3...