CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 12, 2007

Everyone else is doing it...

The Firstborn Survey (with the second-born thrown in for good measure):

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
no
yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
yes to both

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
went and got my childhood teddy bear and cried in bed since Luke was in the New Mexico wilderness for two weeks with no way of contacting him
said "huh", woke up Luke to tell him and then went back to sleep

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
That is a disgusting question

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
25
28

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
home test, both times

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Mandy (see #3)
Luke (see #3 again)

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
yes, I had just painted the extra room light blue and I wanted to know if I would be re-painting
yes again, for no reason this time

9. DUE DATE?
March 2, 2003
November 7, 2005

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
yes, both times

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
strawberries and milk
peace and quiet

12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
living people
my firstborn

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
I hoped for a girl with both, until I found out, then it was like "oh well!"

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
20
25

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes--many
no ( I feel like this is the wrong answer, but I can't remember having one)

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about them all.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
no, neither time

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Floyd Medical Center both times. Great L & D staff...they made me feel like I was the first and only person to ever have a baby. The first time, Luke's uncle Tom was a floor below me giving birth to a kidney stone.

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
36
less than 6

20. WHO DROVE YOU THE THE HOSPITAL?
Luke--it was a leisurely drive. We stopped at CVS for film and stuff.
Luke--a little more manic this time. I dared him to run a red light with the traffic camera on it.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Luke, both times.

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural, both times.

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Why would I NOT? They weren't offering award money for those who do it without...

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH??
8 lbs. 6.5 oz.
9 lbs. 4.6 oz.

25. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS??
Patrick had his cord wrapped around his neck, but it turned it to be no big deal.
Ben came out and his face was this color, but they didn't seem too concerned, so I guess not.

26. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON?
March 4, 2003
November 13, 2005

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
John Patrick
Benjamin Paxton

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
Just turned 4
16 months tomorrow (and still not walking)


OK mommies repost this as "MY FIRST BORN" :)