CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pride (In the Name of Love)

I normally prefer to bring a little comic relief into my life by making fun of my family on the blog, but today I have to take a moment to jive. I am unmistakably proud of my husband, who has gone and landed himself a job as a firefighter! And I'm stoked not only because the whole application process is somewhat competitive and he really had to prove himself, both physically and objectively, but also because this is something he has wanted to do for a long time. And I think sometimes when we become adults and have families, it's hard to keep sight of what we really want, and we sometimes forget to chase our dreams. I mean, my dream is to sit here family-free for a year, but doing that at this point in my life would make me sort of a deadbeat prick-type mom, so that'll have to wait...but I digress. Anyway, my point is to say that I'm proud of him for following his dreams, and making the huge effort of going to work every day, followed by school in the evening for twelve hours every week and then coming home to hit the books, and then getting back up the next morning and doing it all over again, without ever complaining.

So here's to Luke, who is my hero and definitely Patrick's hero, and well, Ben just loves his daddy, so he's Ben's hero too. Congrats to you for going after and getting what you want! We love you and we're behind you all the way!!