CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Fun

Christmas Day was fun and filled with activity, as usual. On Christmas Eve, we went to the 4:00 Mass with Luke's family and then went to Joan's house for the entire-family get-together and gift exchange. I had to snap a shot of how handsome my boys looked for church before they peeled their clothes off over the course of the evening. They both got some toys that night, but Patrick really had fun helping other people open their presents, and Ben had a good time with Mary Kate hanging out by the Chex Mix.

Christmas morning was fun, although Ben was so tired from the night before, we had to wake him up since Patrick couldn't wait any longer. Santa was good to them. Patrick's favorites were his "awesome fire truck and ambulance", as well as a train set and a Home Depot tool bench from uncle Adam. I really don't think Ben even realizes there were presents.

My dad came up late that morning to watch the boys finish their presents and have a delicious lunch. Luke made us his spectacular smoked pork tenderloin and it was awesome. The smoker was a Christmas present from a few years back and I don't think we've ever gotten a better gift. After Ben napped we went to Luke's parents' house and ate a wonderful turkey dinner with them and exchanged gifts. The boys loved this see-saw (well...we all did, and my quads hurt today)--it'll be nice when the weather gets better and we can go outside and use it more.

We had a very nice Christmas, and I hope all of you did as well. As I looked at these great pictures from the past two days, I was reflecting on Christmas 2005, when I didn't even take pictures, because I was so zoned out from having a six-week-old in the house. It made me really grateful to be where we are today! Here's to Christmas Past being behind me, Christmas Present being so fun, and many wonderful Christmas Futures to come!