CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Egg Hunt (no guns allowed)

Although it might not have been a bad idea to bring one anyway so I could off the mommy who made everyone eat outside in the freezing cold weather so her carpet wouldn't get messed up. Did I mention she's a Chick-fil-A foster parent? She's got nine kids--NINE--and she's worried about her carpeting? Yeah. So here's an idea...if you're going to ask Truett Cathy for deluxe Stainmaster carpeting, why not go ahead and get a steam cleaner too? That way, when you have people over, they won't actually know that you value your carpeting more than their company. But I digress...

Freezing temps aside, the egg hunt was not too bad. Patrick was as enthusiastic as I'd hoped he would be. The whole thing was very short. We basically picked up the eggs, ate on the driveway and then got kicked to the curb. All this in under an hour, which counted as Patrick's school for the day. The rest of the morning, I had to tote him around with me as I tried to get my work done. I'm lucky I have an understanding boss.

I am definitely looking forward to the egg hunt at Gigi's house on Saturday so much more. For one thing, Patrick will be allowed inside should his extremities start turning blue. Tonight however, will be a different story. Not foreseeing this early-April arctic blast, we got tickets to the season opener minor league baseball game. So we're going to go park our butts in some cold plastic chairs and root root root for the home team, and if we survive, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.