CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Yes, he's a dork, but I love him...a lot.

As Patrick continues his obsession with masks, breathing apparatus and the like, yesterday he dug out my snorkeling stuff that Luke and I took on our honeymoon. Ahhhh, those were the days...those warm, warm waters of the Caribbean...anyways, while we transplanted bushes and performed various other gardening tasks in preparation for spring (which I am told will show up one of these days), my uber-cool son prepared for summer by "scuba-diving" in the "ocean" alongside "sharks".

When he got all the stuff out, we discovered that the strap to my mask had melted in the summer heat (you know, back when we used to have hot days). Undaunted, Patrick ran to his room to get his goggles that came with his Home Depot workbench set. I'm just throwing that in so you all don't think I went snorkeling using a pair of child-sized plastic goggles with no nose guard.

Then it was my turn to try it all on. Unfortunately, we missed snapping a picture of that, but I can tell you that the snorkel was still nice and salty. Luke told me that from now on, whenever I get a taste for the Caribbean, I can just come out to the shed and stuff my snorkel in my mouth, and that ought to take care of that.