CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Baby's All Growed Up

Last night I took Patrick to the open house that my school was hosting for upcoming students. It seemed like I was the only one there who had come to grips with the fact that he would be in Pre-K next year. All the faculty could not believe he was there already...but there he was, parading around Mommy's school like he owns the place! He is actually very comfortable there--obviously, since he has spent a lot of time there with me, but next year is going to be so cool. I can't wait to have him right down the hall all day long and have him come to my office after school each day. We had a great time last night showing him how fun big kid school is going to be!

We visited each of the Pre-K classrooms, but I forgot to take pictures of those because I was so busy talking with the teachers, then we went to the cafeteria to sit at the looooong tables and have a snack. We met up with his friend Nikki there (you may remember her from the Polar Express). Patrick actually ran into a lot of his peeps last night--they're going to have quite a little posse going on next year! After snack, we went down to the library, where they're having the Scholastic book fair, so he got to get a book called--what else--The Trucker. At least this time it's an actual story--that's progress! Then we played some games in the gym with some students--which I had to drag him out of--and when we left he got to pick out a big balloon and a school cup filled with candy. I think all of this won him over--he was pretty psyched when we left. The only downside is that he now has to wait six months to actually go there!