CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The dogs in my life...

First off is my arch-nemesis, Savannah. Ever since Luke brought her home seven years ago, she's been trying to drive a wedge between us. I gotta give her props for persistence, though--she's watched us get married and have a small litter together and she still won't give up. She lives for the nights, I tell ya...she waits until I've fallen asleep, then stealthily crawls up onto our bed and snuggles with her one true love. I know her end game is to push me off the bed one night. Look at her...you can see the hatred in her eyes...

Then there's Lenny. I thought Lenny and I had a good thing going, but apparently it was just a one-afternoon stand. Since seeking comfort in my loving embrace, he has blatantly hit on at least two other women, right in front of my eyes. Watch out Emma and Ella (and all you other gals out there)...don't be fooled by his wily charms. He will love you and leave you and he won't look back.

And that brings me to a real man of a dog...my boy Wilson. Mandy and I found Wilson as a down-on-his-luck puppy, and he's had it hard ever since. From having to endure being called "Wee-wee" by Luke to being scolded by me for shedding his black hair all over the place or throwing up on my carpet more times than I can count, Wilson's always managed to keep his chin up. He can swim (unlike another lab that shall remain unnamed--oh who cares--it's Savannah!!! haha!!), he knows his place in this house, he sleeps on the dog bed, and he isn't afraid to roll up his fur and get dirty. He always wags his tail when he sees me, he gives me those cute doggy smiles and sometimes he comes up and puts his paw on my knee, just because.

You're my kinda dog, Wilson! Forget those other two. One of these days we're going to bust out of here and see the world together. First stop--Huntington Dog Beach, sunny California!!!