CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

The rest of the weekend

After our date with Katie on Friday, I left the kiddies with my parents and went back home so Luke and I could go to my school's annual auction together. It's always a great (and somewhat wild) night, and this year was no different. The theme was A Night Among the Stars, so we were greeted by entertainment royalty as we walked the red carpet.

I tried to get cozy with one of the night's most popular guests, Captain Jack Sparrow, but he only had eyes for Princess Leia. *sigh* She gets them every time in that gold bikini. Why can't I have a drunk pirate???

The next morning, we headed back down to my parents' house and had an early birthday lunch for Patrick, who turns four next week (!!!!!). He got some cool stuff, including fire truck jammies and camouflage flip-flops. My son WILL wear flip-flops--even if they have to be camo to get him to do it!!!!

It was such a beautiful day that we headed down to the park to play. Patrick had a blast, except that he insisted on wearing his sandals and had to keep stopping to get mulch out of them. Thanks again for those sandals Katie--I can tell I'm going to just love them!!! ;)

Ben came down after his nap to play some. He had come with my parents while Patrick and I were at Katie's house and had a ball, but we weren't so lucky this time. Notice the scowl on his face. Then the unthinkable happened--Luke offered to hold his graham cracker for him. It was just too much for Ben. He laid down right there and howled and howled and howled...thus ending our trip to the park.