CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Trial and Error

Jenny and I had planned to meet at the park last night, and since it was so nice, she graciously packed a yummy dinner of chicken B-B-Q, baked beans and corn on the cob. Dinner was sooooo good, but we definitely learned a few things about picnicking with preschoolers in the meantime. First of all, if you decide to do it, take a xanax first, and then only take girls. Patrick started things off by spilling the sweet tea all over our blanket, and Ben kept things interesting by systematically planting his butt on everyone's dinner plate, one by one. Jenny and I made an unspoken pact in the beginning to just not care, so with a blind eye turned towards the boys, we had a great time.

After dinner the kids played their little hearts out. Mary Kate and Patrick managed to stay relatively clean, but Ben was such a filthy mess that I had to strip him before I put him in the car. He has put holes in the knees of all his pants this winter and now that spring is coming and he's still not walking, I guess he'll be getting those knees pretty muddy too. Too bad, I could've saved those clothes for a possible baby #3, but I guess I'll just have to throw it all away and pass on the baby! ;)