CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bore Weekend

While Mandy was visiting Phlegm City this weekend, I was stuck in a fun little place called H&R Block Hell. Last year, I e-filed with them online without a hitch, but this year, there seem to be hitches--er, glitches--all over the system. I was stuck on the internet fooling with that thing all weekend and well, to make a long story short, their tech team is working on my case and I'll hear back in 48-72 hours. Yeah, right...grrr.

So needless, to say, there wasn't much time for blogging, but Katie called and threatened a citation if I didn't get on the ball, so here we go. Besides desperately trying to find a live human being who works at TaxCut, I also stupidly decided to upgrade my Norton Internet Security, which also turned out to have a glitch. But with the help of Abdul, who may or may not have been a cyborg posing as a customer service rep, this problem was fixed relatively quickly--and when I say quickly, I mean in under three hours.

While I wrestled with the evils of cyberspace, the rest of my family settled in to watch twenty-four hours straight of Super Bowl coverage. Ben was happy as long as he got to hold the remote, and Patrick thought Prince's halftime show was so hot he had to go put on his turnout gear.

Savannah was mad when she found out the Bengals weren't playing, especially after she took the time to paint her body in support. She refused to watch the game and wouldn't even look at me for the picture. Wilson, on the other hand, totally took advantage of me being tethered to the computer and stole my People magazine to curl up and fall asleep with. Traitor.

All in all, it was a terrible weekend, and I will reiterate what I have been saying all along: everything gets better when Spring comes along. That groundhog better thank his lucky stars.