CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 07, 2006

It's Friday...Let's Feast!

Appetizer: Name a trait you share with your parents or your children.
Stubborn streak, with both my parents and my children—although I bet my parents won’t cop to it!

Soup: List 3 qualities of a good leader, in your opinion.
Intelligence, morality, and sense of humor.

Salad: Who is your favorite television chef?
Rachael Ray…loooovvve her 30-minute meals!

Main Course: Share a story about a gift you received from someone you love.
My great-grandmother traveled to Germany just prior to World War II. In light of what was about to happen in their homeland, many Germans were fleeing the country. While she was in Bavaria, she came across a china merchant who was also planning to leave and was selling his stuff dirt cheap, trying to get rid of it. She bought 24 place settings of fine Bavarian china, plus all the accessories, and had it shipped back to the U.S. She eventually divided it up between her two daughters-in-law (my grandmother and my great aunt), and when I got married, my grandmother gave her share to me. This was a really special gift to me, because not only is it now a family heirloom, it is also something that I never could’ve gotten for myself. My grandmother died two summers later, but I’m so glad she lived to see my wedding day and help me start my home. We do not have a lot of fine, expensive stuff, but thanks to my grandmother, I can be proud of my very nice china.

Dessert: How do you react under pressure?
Quickly, but not always effectively.