CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Five Paragraph Friday's Feast

Appetizer: Name one thing nice that you could do for someone else today.
Whatever! I spend all day, every day making sure my kids are happy, well-fed, and growing up to be generally good people. If that isn't a nice thing to do for them, I don't know what is! I'm not going to waste my time planning niceties for everyone else!

Soup: When was the last time you were frightened by the weather?
When Patrick was really little (and everything scared me), we had a horrible storm one night. There were tornados all over the place and I am not exaggerating when I say we had one continuous rumble of thunder that lasted an hour. It just never stopped! The lightning didn't either. It just flickered continuously. I sat at the window half the night waiting for one of the pine trees in our backyard to fall on the house.

Salad: What would you say is the most useful website or blog that you visit?
I am a Google addict. I look up everything. The Green Straw is very useful in giving me my daily dose of celeb gossip and keeping me from wasting money on InTouch magazine.

Main Course: Who was your favorite singer/group when you were a child?
At one point it was Whitney Houston. Then it was Europe for a while (how embarrassing!). After that, Bon Jovi.

Dessert: Do you have any rituals? If so, what are they?
Does checking my blog 7 million times a day count? No? Well, then how about this: Each night, we change Patrick into his jammies, brush his teeth and read him a story. Then we let him read in bed for about 15 minutes before going up, kissing him good night and turning his light off. Then as I am closing his door, he asks for a glass of water. When he finishes that, he needs a back rub. Then he needs another one--"last time". Then I go downstairs and sit down a minute before running back upstairs five more times to put him back to bed. Then I spank him. Then, when he finally goes to sleep, I go up and kiss him one more time in hopes that he'll subliminally get the message that I love him even though he's a major pain in my neck.