CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue!

I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY! We are normally at the beach for the fourth, but with Ben added to the mix this year, we decided that might be a little too adventurous, so we stayed home. Nevertheless, our day was straight out of a Norman Rockwell picture. This morning we had our slice of Americana Pie by going to nearby small town Cave Spring to watch their annual parade. It was so cute! Here's Patrick with Lady Liberty, aka Christa Jackson, Darling of Cave Spring. Christa works with me and she is such a joy. There is literally no one like her.

Patrick loved waving to the fire trucks and tractors. The woman behind him is Ann, a friend of Luke's mom. I wish I had gotten her head in the picture. Ann was diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago, but she has kicked that sucker to the curb. Go Ann!

Ben with Daddy, decked out in their Fourth of July best. Ben has a death grip on that balloon!

Luke's Uncle Tom pulling his float full of family and friends. We thought about putting Patrick on the float, but we decided he'd have more fun watching the parade instead.

Continuing with our small-town fun, we went to the minor league baseball game to cheer on our home team and watch an awesome fireworks show afterwards. I managed to get some pretty good pictures this time!

Here's Patrick with Shayla, granddaughter of a couple from our church. I was so glad she was there because they had a great time entertaining each other!

BOOM!

What can I say? It was a great day. I love living in a small town and I love the 4th! I'm sure you can tell because I would never post seven pictures for anything else! Hope you all had a great one too!