CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 31, 2006

Sand Sculptures

More beach pics! While we were there, Luke and I kind of got into playing in the sand with Patrick. Luke built two sand forts and I made a giant turtle. Then Patrick took great delight in destoying them.

One of Luke's forts, complete with moat and bridge. The one he built the next day was about twice this size, but it didn't photograph well.

Patrick knocking down one of Luke's forts.


Here's my giant sea turtle. I was really disappointed when I saw the picture because it doesn't give you any idea of how incredibly awesome it was. It was about four feet long and almost two feet high. I know it's hard to see and I should have used sand that was a little more wet so it would show up better. The turtle's head is on the left side and he's wearing a baseball cap (I modeled it after one of Patrick's sand toys, in case you're wondering why I put a baseball cap on it). Anyway, this was the first time I ever did anything other than a fort or a drip castle and it was a lot of fun. All the kids on the beach thought it was the coolest thing ever. Except for Patrick...he couldn't have cared less. So the only question that remains is, what do I make next year?