CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Gone Fishin'

We did a little fishin' on our lake vacation and when I say a little I mean Luke fished every waking hour and I joined in when I had nothing better to do. Most of the time we caught little bream but we each caught one big fish too.

Here's Luke's big catfish, caught about five minutes after we got to the lake. I told him to keep it but he threw it back. He should have listened to me because he never caught another big one for the rest of the weekend.

Here's my gigantic largemouth bass. I actually thought I was stuck on the bottom so I kept yanking on the pole and up popped a big old fish! He broke the rod into about six pieces so Luke had to help me reel him in. I decided not to keep him because a) I caught him illegally and b) then I would have a dead fish to deal with, and how much of a hassel is that?

I know I look like a complete doof in this picture, but I had just grabbed whatever was laying on top of the suitcase, okay? And I promise, these sunglasses look really good when my hair is fixed!