CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

News Flash! Baby sits up! Causes mother to run around like headless chicken!

A little ditty about the highlight of my day yesterday...

As I have said before, the best weeks of a baby's first year is when he can sit up, but not crawl yet. Unfortunately, this does only last a few weeks. Yesterday afternoon, I needed to unload the dishwasher, so I took Ben into the kitchen with me and stuck him in his bouncy seat, not bothering to strap him in (I'll not be taking any grief for that, so don't bother with the lectures). I turned around for maybe three seconds, and in that time, Ben managed to defy both the force of gravity and the laws of child development by doing a heave-ho-sit-up that would have made the folks at Abs of Steel very proud. In mere seconds he was sitting upright in his bouncy all by himself (and unbuckled, let's not forget). So what did I do? I ran for the camera, completely ignoring the fact that he can't really sit up yet and would probably momentarily topple out of his seat and crack his head open on the ceramic tile. Who cares about that? Let's focus on the important thing...capturing the moment for posterity! It was only when I located the camera and realized the card was not in it did my maternal instincts finally kick in, and I dashed back to pull him to safety. I then proceeded to run all over the house pulling out all the things that baby can play with sitting up, as well as various tools which might help him sit up faster, because YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH EASIER MY LIFE WILL BE WHEN THIS CHILD CAN SIT UP!!!!!

Anyway, I have no visual for this story, but hopefully there will be many, many pictures of Ben sitting up in the very near future, so I can saturate the blog with photos at that point. Keep your fingers crossed.