CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Four Horsemen of The Ablogalypse

I hosted my first Pampered Chef party last night...oh my, what a disaster!!!! I don't know if I am nice or just insane, but since 70% of the people invited have toddlers, I planned a patio party and told them to bring the kiddies. Well, good old Mother Nature sure thought that was funny. Let me tell you that it has not rained here for literally 25 days straight. But of course 30 min. before the party started, the sky opened up and made up for those 25 dry days. So in everything goes, to my teeny tiny living room, and when I mean everything, I do not just mean food and drinks and stuff...I also mean six kids ages 3 and under! Our poor consultant Jessica still did a great job, but she had to put on her show while certain things were happening all around...specifically: ice cream being stuffed into the guests' purses, kids sneaking out to play in the downpour, and best of all, Patrick's "manhood" making a few guest appearances. Yes, he pretty much ran around naked the entire night, but mommy was too busy to do anything about it, okay? At least nobody was peed on. See? I always look on the bright side!



However, the four bloggers (L-R: Mandy, Shannon, Katie and me) finally converged in a place other than cyberspace, so we documented the occasion with photos. I managed to get some of the mad streaker as well, but obviously I'm not putting naked pictures of my kid on the internet!! It would have been really nice to get a pic of the whole delectable-looking spread, but alas, there was no time for that!

One more thing. Shannon brought a sweet little innocent pregnant gal named Stephanie with her. Stephanie spent a lot of time watching the kids play. When I say play, I mean Joe and Patrick tore through the house, screaming and wrestling and causing the house to tremble from its foundation. The little girls, Molly and Samantha, sat in their mommies' laps. At some point, we asked Stephanie what she was having, which she answered in a whisper "I'm having a...gulp...boy." Dear sweet Stephanie...enjoy your last two months of sanity.