CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Moth, Part III

Here's the latest in what's shaping up to be the story of the summer:

Yesterday morning Patrick was playing in the yard and he called me over to see "the butterfly". Knowing better, I gingerly crept over and was greeted by yet another hideous, beastly giant moth. This one had seen better days; its wings were chewed half off (probably by some other wicked creature of the night), rendering it flightless...but that didn't stop it from furiously flapping at me and making my skin crawl from head to toe. I know you can't see how big it is, but I'm not kidding, the body was almost four inches long! UGGGHHHHHHH! Why are these things so horrible, and more importantly, why are they congregating in my backyard??? In case you're wondering, yes, I disposed of it (to keep Patrick from playing with it) and yes, I looked it up. It's called a Regal moth or a Royal Walnut moth.