CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Come As You Are...

Okay, here's the thing...today is my brother's birthday. I was getting on the blog to post my happy birthday wishes to him, and it turns out I got tagged to play "Come As You Are", which involves taking your-self portrait and posting it right this very second! A dilemna: which to blog about? I have decided to play along with the game, for two reasons:

1. I already have my Halloween post up today, and I don't want David's birthday to have to share with two other posts, I want him to have his own post on his own day. So even though it's going to be a day late, tomorrow's going to be all about him. So make sure you check back and wish him a Happy Birthday!

2. David has always been a stickler for the rules. If the rules say I have to play the "Come As You Are" thing right now, then he understands. He would rather wait a day than have his little sis break the rules. ;)

So here I am, at my computer, and I am still sick, sick, sick. I do not feel good. The 24-hour bug is turning out to actually be the flu, I think. I took the picture with the flash off so that you wouldn't see my icky-toned, greasy complexion. The only good thing is that I am losing pounds by the minute since I have had nothing to eat for two days. Now, how to keep those pounds off once I get better...????

The second part of this game is to talk about the person who tagged you...in my case, Mandy. Ahhh, good old Mandy. My bestest bud since college, and the world's TOP roomate. She is the greatest roomate, seriously. You don't even realize she's there, except for all the fun you're having together. Since Mandy and I sadly don't get to spend a whole lot of time together due to completely different lives, I probably can't say anthing current about her that you don't already know, so I'll go back to those old roomate days and relay the memories.

The best thing is that we were both totally obsessed with a game called "Double Solitaire". I'm not going to get into how it's played, but I will tell you that we both often got ready for class really quickly so that we could play before we had to leave. Then there was the rat in our apartment. He became our third tenant for a few days. We declared an all-out war on that rat, and won. Word to the wise: use dental floss to tie an apple piece onto a rat trap and the little sucker doesn't have a chance. There was also the war that Mandy so bravely declared on our landlord over the status of our rent checks, and also won. YOU GO MANDY! Finally, I shall reminisce about our Christmas tree. We were SO cheap! We spent the money on the tree and the lights (maybe two strands), and then we decided that we would make our ornaments. So we bought some sort of Crayola putty stuff and cut them out with cookie cutters and hung them on the tree with paper clips! We didn't buy a star or an angel, we just made a big red bow out of cheap ribbon. And we didn't want to buy the tree stand, so we filled a bucket with rocks and stuck it in there. Then I decided I wanted to sleep in the living room so I could look at the tree lit up, so we undid the pull-out couch. Unfortunately, the next moring, we could not push it back in, so we went for a while with a bed in our living room instead of a couch. Ahhhh...good times, Mandy...care to add anything?

The last part of this game is to tag someone else, so here are mine:

1. Jennifer
2. Jenny
3. Pamela (who is officially Shannon's turf, but since Shannon seems to have gotten lost in Spain, I'm going to go ahead and get Pammie in the game).