CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Birthday to My Baby!

It was a year ago today that I first met my baby boy, and I have to admit that I was very unprepared for the whole experince, even though it was my second child. I had trouble from the very start with him...even in the hospital I let the nurses keep him so I could get some sleep. Then when I came home, the thought of taking care of two needy little boys was completely overwhelming to me.

It's ironic that these two pictures are of him sleeping, because he didn't do a whole lot of that in the beginning. It was really hard for me to squeeze in the "me" time that I had gotten used to with one child. The memories that these pictures conjure up are more stressful than anything. But I could never resist smiling at that precious face!

Playtime with Katie (who kept things in perspective for me)
and starting to bond with big brother.

The arrival of warm weather and sitting up changed a lot for me. Now that he wasn't a helpless, tireless little baby any more, Ben was really becoming fun. I loved it when he started getting responsive and playful.

Hugs for Benjamin!

Turning into such a big boy...and finally buddies with Patrick!

Growing up is tiring work!

At the end of the first year, I wouldn't have traded one tough minute for the adorable little mommy's boy that I have now. Once we got into our groove, he brought me so much joy and cuddliness that I can't image my life without him. His smile is the sight that warms my heart each day and his laugh is the sound that feeds my tired soul. Happy birthday, my sweet baby Ben. I love you sooooo much!