CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Parade

We went to our town Christmas Parade last night, and were blessed again with very mild weather. Last year it was absolutely frigid and Ben was only a little over two weeks old or so. I had him wrapped up in about nineteen layers to keep warm. But last night all he needed was a light jacket. We had a rockin' par-tay...Luke pulled his truck up into one of the spaces on the main street and all the kids piled in the back so they could see and we could keep them corralled. I sat on the roof of the truck, using photgraph angle as an excuse, but really I just wanted to be by myself and I could say no to any kids that wanted to climb up there.

Above we have some of our local high schools struttin' their stuff in the band.

The kids enjoy the view from the bed of the truck...the Knights of Columbus from our church remind onlookers of the true reason for the holidays.

Patrick watches from atop Pa's shoulders as a decorated float goes by and then *GASP!* the fire truck!!!!

Some kids from my school marched in the parade, followed by more kids on our decked-out school bus. That's my boss Stephanie hanging out the door...I tried to get her face, but she was waving like a maniac!

Our town has a local Budweiser plant, so we always get to end the parade with the Clydesdale horses...followed by the man of the hour. He stopped to light the town Christmas tree in front of the old courthouse building and then rode on in all his glory. I feel like we've seen him so much lately that we're on a first-name basis with him!!!